Metalcraft of MayvilleMachine Center Operator (2nd & 3rd) (West Bend)
US-WI-West BendJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Metalcraft of Mayville, IncOverview
These are 2nd and 3rd Shift positions. $2000 Shift Bonus
Reporting to the Machine Center Manager, the Machine Center operator produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Some experience preffered but willing to train the rignht candiate. Responsibilities
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
· Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
· High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from is accredited institution.
· Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
· Knowledge of blueprints and specifications for machinery preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.