Maintenance Technician IIDepartment
General UniversityVacancy Number
Macon, GAJob Type
StaffHours Per Week
The incumbent must have the knowledge, skills and abilities to handle a broad range of duties related to both general construction/installation and electrical maintenance/repair. In addition this position must have the understanding, skills and abilities to successfully complete assignments in basic plumbing, carpentry and HVAC that may be assigned. Must have the knowledge to work with, monitor and coordinate outside contractors and vendors along with in-house trades when required for project completion. The incumbent will work under indirect supervision and report through the Area Supervisor of Residential Life.Required Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED and two years of general maintenance/construction experience or an equivalent combination of education experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired.
Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by University's insurance carrier.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
1. Must have a basic working knowledge and understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry that will allow incumbent to successfully address the majority of daily facility maintenance issues.
2. Must be able to read, understand and work from engineering plans and blueprints.
3. Must be able to work with contractors/vendors and assist in developing basic maintenance and repair budgets.
4. Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
5. Must be able to help identify and assist in the resolution of maintenance issues.
6. Must have an understanding of city, county, and state building codes.
7. Must have the physical ability to perform duties as assigned.
8. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable
YesIs a credit check needed for this position?
YesDoes this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis
Non-ExemptSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should be prepared to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a valid driver's license?
2. Do you have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation?EEO Statement