Sweeteners & Ingredients - SweetenersWork Type:
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website www.amyris.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Manager on our Amyris Cosmetics team. The Social Media Manager will implement the company's social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network. Responsibilities
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Curate relevant content to reach the company's ideal customers
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written)
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog)
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI)
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business
- Report notable threats to appropriate management
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company's field
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
- Experience: agency or in house has successfully managed, curated and written for notable profiles (please link to previous work)
- Manage social media campaigns and day-today activities
- Online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as need
- Advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into al of the company's products and services
- Act as editor of Amyris Blog and manage all postings and scheduling
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company and its' products
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Provide feedback/insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing team, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and application.
- At least 5-7 years in social media, public relations, journalism, corporate communications or related
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flicker, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company's field
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Creative brainstorming ability.