Discovery CommunicationsRequisition ID
Marketing & CommunicationsPosted Date
US-NY-New York CityDivision Type
Company Employee Full-TimePosition Summary:
The Production Assistant for Discovery serves as a key partner to Producers by providing creative and administrative support. The PA will take on production responsibilities such as edit prep, trafficking tapes, dub requests, outside vendor support, amongst others.Responsibilities:
1. Implementation and maintenance of Comp Reel database.
2. Coordinate process for sub master and mastering of final spots.
3. Fulfil dubbing requests.
4. Version and tag promotional campaigns.
5. Track/report music usage for department.
6. Liaise with budget managers to fulfil contract requests and project invoicing.
7. Assist creative team in compiling footage for campaigns, special projects, Upfront, more.
8. Assist creative teams in all aspects of pre and post-production.
9. Implement and maintain library of new and existing vendor reels, provide group insight to new production houses.Requirements:
* Demonstrate knowledge and experience in television/film production
* Knowledge and experience in television promotion, advertising creative or other related experience is preferred
* Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential
* Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, ability to work independently and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* Knowledge of normal office software such as Lotus Notes, Word for Windows, Excel, is essential (MAC experience helpful)
* Knowledge of AVID and other forms of non-linear editing systems very useful
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners on all aspects of creative
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.