DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.Job Title
Reports AnalystJob ID
Loop CampusFull/Part Time
Multicultural Statement At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Reports Analyst serves as the Institutional Research & Market Analytics (IRMA) point person for internal and external requests for university data and statistics. Using strong attention to detail and extensive university knowledge of institutional data and resources, fulfills a wide variety of data requests. Contributes to IRMA's business analytics by supporting the creation and data verification of reports related to admission, enrollment, and faculty data for use in the university community. Analyses secondary data and information produced in IRMA or through external sources, synthesizes this data, writes reports, presents findings and implications to a variety of internal and external audiences.
Responsibilities & Duties
1. Serves as Institutional Research & Market Analytics (IRMA) point person for external requests for university information. Evaluates information requests and ramifications of compliance. Interprets and reframes specific requests using extensive knowledge of university. Produces accurate and timely data from PeopleSoft/data warehouse or IRMA systems, university reports and other university offices to comply with state, federal and other external information requests. Works with Internal Audit to evaluate departmental reporting processes to minimize institutional risk. These information requests come from the US Department of Education, Integrated Postsecondary Educational Data System (IPEDS), Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE), Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools, and various publications and guidebooks, such as US News, Princeton Review, and Peterson’s. Ability to negotiate with state, federal, and other organizations to complete surveys and provide requested data. Communicates effectively with colleagues in requesting agencies and with university colleagues to gather requested information when needed. Provides accurate and timely submission of external reports and other requests. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of state and federal guidelines and reporting regulations. (25%)
2. Assesses and fulfills internal university requests for information. Triages internal requests to set priorities, produces accurate and timely data pulls from PeopleSoft data/data warehouse, IRMA systems, university reports, or other university offices. Develops and manages relationships with key internal offices to anticipate information requests. These requests may come from the President’s Office, Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management & Marketing (EM&M), Advancement, college offices, or other parts of the university community. Provides analytical, research, and information support to university administrators, college deans and other executives. Using strong attention to detail and extensive university knowledge of institutional data and resources, fulfills a wide variety of data requests. (25%).
3. Contributes to IRMA's business analytics by supporting the creation and data verification of reports related to admission, enrollment, and faculty data for use by the university community, various university committees, administrators and senior executives. Supports the weekly enrollment reporting efforts by creating, verifying, and distributing various enrollment reports,as needed. Prepares interpretation of information, conduct analyses of trends and summarizes recommendations as needed for decision makers within the division or other areas of the university. While this will be done by primarily using IRMA databases and the data warehouse, this person must also develop an understanding of how PeopleSoft and these databases relate. This may include the development and oversight of standard reports or data pulls for areas within the division of EM&M such as Admission, Financial Aid, Marketing Strategy, Advertising or Marketing Communications; or outside of the EM&M such as the President's Office, Provost's Office, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs or Finance. This may also entail working with IRMA staff to standardize and automate reports, as well as monitoring data integrity of these reports and correcting errors quickly. (20%)
4. Enhances IRMA’s knowledge management function by leveraging information flowing through and out of the university. This includes but is not limited to analysis of secondary data and information produced in IRMA or through external sources such as U.S. Census data or IBHE, synthesizing this data, writing reports, and presenting findings and implications to internal decision makers, as well as at external industry conferences. Data steward of Fact File content and its continuous improvement including updating content and creating data visualizations. (20%)
5. Pursues professional development and uses skills to support continued improvement of office and university processes (10%)
Education & Experience
Master's degree preferred, preferably in social sciences, business, public policy, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and on-the-job experience.
Some knowledge of statistics and statistical packages and database software.
1-3 years experience working within an institution of higher education.
Experience with federal data reporting highly desirable.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
Demonstrated knowledge of secondary research design, implementation and data analysis.
Strong skills in related software such as SPSS, SAS, MS Excel, MS Access, Power Point, Tableau, mapping software and others.
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent attention to detail.
Self-motivated, ability to work independently to achieve outcomes.
Strong oral and written communication skills to both analyze and draw policy implications from various types of data.
Ability to interact professionally and independently with senior administrators.
Ability to negotiate with state, federal, and other organizations to complete surveys and provide requested data.
Ability to interpret the data and information needs of administrators and executives, and to support those needs either directly or by coordinating the efforts of colleagues.
COMPETENCIES EXPECTED (Proficiency Levels Indicated for Each)
Functional Competency Expectations
• Consultation & Influence (Basic)
• Customer Service (Intermediate)
• Data Management (Intermediate)
• IT Application & Systems Knowledge (Basic)
• Regulatory Acumen (Intermediate)
• Research & Analysis (Intermediate)
• Writing Aptitude (Intermediate)
Foundational Competency Expectations
• Collaboration & Teamwork (Basic)
• Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity (Basic)
• Effective Communication (Intermediate)
• Judgment & Decision-Making (Basic)
• Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge (Basic)
• Project Management & Organization (Intermediate)
• Relationship & Network Building (Basic)
Sustaining Competency Expectations
• Change Acumen (Intermediate)
• Conflict Management (Basic)
• Continuous Improvement (Basic)
• Education Industry Acumen (Basic)
• Learning Agility (Basic)
• Self-Awareness (Basic)
• Systems Thinking (Basic)
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Additional Information Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
For the Part Time Benefits Summary, click this link https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/Part-Time_Benefits/index.html Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit:http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/about/ab_about.shtml