CAPS# of Openings
2:30pm - 11:00pm Monday - Friday (overtime as needed)Site
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®) is the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies. CAPS, a pioneer in the outsourcing of compounded sterile preparations was founded in 1991.
State-licensed and FDA-registered, CAPS pharmacies deliver solutions from more locations than any other national compounder. CAPS provides both custom and standard solutions to hospital and outpatient providers from our 25 locations across the United States. Making over 300,000 local deliveries annually, CAPS pharmacies operate 365 days a year to dispense labeled, patient-specific and anticipatory IV prescriptions to our health system pharmacy customers.
CAPS believes safety is job one. Our goal is to provide the most comprehensive and continuous quality assurance program in the industry. We perform environmental monitoring, regular process validations, and daily process sterility testing as part of our routine Continuous Quality Assessment and Improvement Program.
The CAPS service is focused on the daily admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of CSPs. CAPS uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compound a broad range of patient and non-patient specific CSPs embracing the latest compounding technology, including proprietary software for ordering prescriptions and barcode safety checks for automated and manual compounding processes.
Each CAPS pharmacy is managed by a pharmacist with well-established compounding expertise. These directors manage a team of licensed pharmacists and certified technicians trained on CAPS Standard Operating Procedures. CAPS employs a QA team of chemists, microbiologists, and on-site quality assurance personnel who are accountable independently from the admixture staff. Quality Assurance reports are provided to our clients on a quarterly basis.
Orders are sent via CAPSLink, a web-based proprietary ordering software that can manage both complex and patient-specific prescriptions like Parenteral Nutrition (PN) and anticipatory compounded (AC) non-patient-specific order requests. CAPS ordering system can also interface with your pharmacy management software for convenience and broader custom service options. Pharmacists review orders upon receipt and prepare your order using an automated compounding process and a bar coded manual-add-system (MAS) to verify ingredient accuracy.
CAPS mixes to order so you can be assured your order is freshly compounded and has maximum beyond use dating (BUD) when delivered. CAPS has a variety of delivery options including same day and next day services. Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Responsible for storage and packaging of pharmacy products for delivery. Monitoring and/or participating with the deliveries as assigned, and warehouse activities.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Responsible for monitoring and/or participating in the activities of CAPS drivers, couriers and all FedEx deliveries.
- Assist with driving/delivering products to customers in a timely and professional manner ensuring scheduled delivery times are met.
- Handles basic maintenance of warehouse and provide cleaning support to pharmacy.
- Responsible for product disposal and destruction.
- Responsible for maintenance and filing of packing lists.
- Participates in of Pharmacy products/supplies for clean room use.
- Performs material receiving, stocking , and shipping
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc: Required:
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Basic business office skills.
- Ability to interface with customers and vendors.
- Light warehouse work.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle in various weathering conditions.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Holds a valid motor vehicle operator's license or a commercial license.
- Other certifications or registration as required by Local/State Jurisdiction
- Participates in and delivers training as required
- As determined by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Assists with Files and monitors all CAPS Inventory Transfers.
- Assists Purchasing Technician in all office duties and office maintenance.
- Assures maintenance of company vehicles and servicing.
- Operates warehouse equipment as assigned, including power industrial trucks (e.g. palate jack, forklift, etc.)
- Provide general maintenance and cleaning support to pharmacy.
- Assist in the development and training Delivery Clerks.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- Both Outdoor and indoor work. Working conditions are clean and well lit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.