Our Milwaukee, WI operation is seeking CDL Delivery Drivers to deliver pet food and supplies to our customers in veterinarian, pet and farm channels. Our drivers are assigned to routes and drivers typically run the same routes weekly. Drivers make up to 24 stops per day and are home most nights and all weekends. Some drivers may be required to do an overnight route in which lodging and meals are paid for by the company.
Driver "sign on bonus" offered!!! $1,000 after 3 months$1,000 after 9 months
General Pet Supply is a division of Central Garden & Pet Company, a leading distribution company in the lawn and garden, and pet supply industries. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented distributor of pet food and supplies with operations based throughout the Midwest.
- 4 day work weeks
- Home most nights and all weekends
- Hourly pay
- Starting Pay Class A - $18.00/hour
- Starting Pay Class B - $16.00/hour
- Willing to train for a Class B CDL
- Overtime pay after 40 hours in a week
- May have one overnight route per week. We pay hotel expense and provide meal allowance
- Newer and well maintained trucks
- No cash handling
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Delivery drivers must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, have and maintain a good driving record, be safety conscious, have great attendance and excellent customer service skills. Drivers will hand unload at most stops.
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to read, write and speak English and perform basic math calculations
- Maintain a professional appearance with practice of personal hygiene and abide by the dress code
- Possess a strong work ethic, good attendance, motivation and a positive attitude
- Organized, attentive to details and able to read a map
- Able to operate manual transmission
- Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A or B)
- Safety conscious and possess a good driving record. Must maintain driving record in accordance with Company's driver performance standards.
- Abide by U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements and possess a valid medical card
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 175 pounds
- Possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills and demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Able to work early mornings, late evening and overtime on short notice. Able to deliver over-night routes as needed
- Able to operate commonly used delivery equipment, including a handcart and a pallet jack
We offer the following benefits to our Delivery Drivers:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life for employee, spouse and children)
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Safety bonuses
- Company uniforms
- Product discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.