We are looking for an energetic Program Associate who will support the strategy and execution of our systems change initiative and program evaluation at the National Fund. Critical to the Program Associate role is the ability to approach the role with an eagerness to learn and solve problems and a desire to make an impact. The Program Associate will have an opportunity for growth and skill development in a range of administrative, research, and evaluation functions.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong commitment to improving practices and policies that enable workers to succeed in good jobs, supporting employers with a skilled workforce and building prosperous communities. They thrive in a busy setting, expertly handling multiple competing priorities, maintain a positive attitude, and working both autonomously and collaboratively across project teams often with tight deadlines. Candidates must have exemplary organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills; the ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities; high self-awareness; and sound judgment. They must communicate proactively and professionally at all times.
Reports to: Director of Evaluation and Impact Assessment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage administrative processes to execute systems change initiatives, including Economic Mobility Initiatives as well as learning and evaluation.
- Arrange for and co-manage logistical elements of grantee meetings, webinars, and other learning opportunities for the network.
- Prepare PowerPoint decks, meeting agendas, and other materials for staff.
- Support program evaluation activities and contribute to the crafting and dissemination of learning, including the development of grant reports, impact reports, blog and social media posts, and other forms of communications.
- Communicate regularly with the National Fund network and its stakeholders, including the staff of its local regional collaboratives, regarding programs, learning and evaluation, and network activities and events.Track project calendar, expenses, and invoicing.
- Work with the National Fund team to maintain project workplans and ensure timely execution of deliverables.
- Support various online learning communities through scheduling, agenda development, note taking and technology needs, including facilitating the use of social media platforms.
- Support the planning, implementation, and follow-up for webinars, conference calls, meetings, conferences, special events, and other activities related to programs and learning and evaluation.
- Maintain an efficient online filing system for the team, including assistance in processing responses for proposals.
- Process contracts and payments from the National Fund’s network of consultants and organizational partners.
- Coordinate meetings and reports with National Fund consultants.
- Respond to requests for information and draft correspondence.
- Assist in maintaining the National Fund’s database and mailing list.
- Operate standard office equipment.
Project Management, Program Management, General-Other: Project-Program Management
Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3-5 years of professional experience in the social sciences; experience in research and evaluation preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with emphasis on time management, attention to detail, and the ability to plan and carry out multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a client-service orientation.
- An interest in and some familiarity with or affinity for financial management (budgeting processes, grant reporting, invoice processing and reconciling, etc.).
- Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Previous nonprofit and evaluation/research experience is desirable
- Travel at least once a month