Metropolitan Community CollegeCareer Opportunity
Executive Administrative AssistantLocation
Administrative CenterPosition Type:
Full Time Non-Faculty JobsClass Category
Classified StaffJob Open Date
04/16/2019Job Close Date
05/08/2019Open Until Filled
NoInitial Screen Date:
- Associate's degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in clerical/administrative support or related area.
Preferred qualifications:Preference will be given to individuals who possess
- Minimum Qualification can be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Experience working in a confidential office environment involving highly skilled office management work
• Experience in budget preparation, preparing /reviewing written correspondence, preparing event talking points
• Experience working with sophisticated calendar and data management systems, organizing internal office systems
• Established experience in large-scale event planning, project planning
• Effective interpersonal and office management skills, including ability to address highly confidential and sensitive matters with employees, studentsWork Hours
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule subject to change based upon department needs.Compensation
The annual salary is $36,572. A competitive benefit package is included.Special Instructions to ApplicantsPLEASE NOTE
- Cover letter, resume and transcripts are required and must be attached to the online application in order to receive any consideration.
- Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
This is the third level in the Administrative Support series. Incumbents provide advanced and comprehensive administrative support for an assigned department/division or executive. Major duties and responsibilities include: collecting, preparing, reconciling, reviewing, and maintaining comprehensive information, data, documents, and records; preparing budget requests; monitoring budget spending, accounts, or billings; preparing, editing, or proof reading correspondence, reports, or other documents; scheduling and coordinating appointments, reservations, meetings, workshops, trainings or other events/activities; providing technical support; providing program/department information, referral or other services to students and staff; maintaining department system or database and may perform quantitative data analysis; coordinating and collaborating with other departments/divisions on programs/projects when necessary. Typical Essential Duties
• Collects, prepares, reconciles, reviews, verifies, and/or maintains comprehensive information, data, documents, and records; ensures information accuracy and compliance with applicable standards, policies, and procedures.
• Prepares and reviews budget requests; monitors budget spending, accounts, or bills; monitors fund availability; and provides status updates to departments.
• Prepares, edits, proofreads, reviews, prints, processes, maintains, and/or submits correspondence, reports, records, certificates, forms, letters, pay sheets, training schedules, contracts, payroll, and other general and financial documents; ensures information accuracy and compliance with applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures; work may also include performing quantitative data analysis when necessary.
• Processes, monitors, reviews, and/or reconciles invoices, accounts, check requests, invoices, purchase orders, reimbursements, deposits, receipts, and IT or other tickets or requests; contacts personnel/departments/agencies via phone or email to collect payment dues, or facilitate assigned operations.
• Schedules and coordinates appointments, reservations, meetings, workshops, trainings, or other events/activities; maintains calendars; prepares meeting agendas; transcribes meeting minutes; sets up rooms/lab facilities; and coordinates with program participants and other relevant individuals.
• Plans and implements events, to include preparing promotional and other materials; managing enrollment processes; coordinating with event participants, vendors, media, and other parties; and performing other operations related to planning and organizing events/orientations/programs.
• Maintains and updates departmental systems or databases; updates websites and social media accounts; and provides technical support, to include training end-users on system operation, and troubleshooting basic technical issues.
• Performs customer service duties to include providing program/department information, referrals, or other services to students, staff, and other visitors; greeting and directing visitors, students, or staff to appropriate personnel/departments; and answering telephones.
• Coordinates and collaborates with internal and/or external personnel, departments, and agencies, when necessary, to communicate information, serve as a liaison, provide assistance or information, represent the College/department, maintain effective working relations, and facilitate event and departmental operations.
• Performs office management duties to include maintaining inventory; ordering supplies; and sorting and distributing mail.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• This job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.Knowledge
• Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
• Applicable Federal, State, and college laws, policies, standards, and regulations.
• Filing and recordkeeping practices;
• Computers and related software applications;
• Event planning and organization principles;
• Customer service principles;
• Filing principles and practices;
• English language, grammar, and punctuation;
• Budget principles.Positions Supervised
No staffing table positions.Physical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.