Full-Time# of Openings:
Building Trades and Technicians
Electro-Mechanical Technician will safely and efficiently perform mechanical / technical functions involving the layout, fabrication, assembly, testing, repair and modification of mechanical & associated electrical or electronic devices, assemblies and systems associated with Fusion Energy Research.Performing all mechanical tasks required to achieve and maintain high-quality vacuum, including but not limited to, vacuum surface treatment such as flux cores, vacuum interlock system, maintaining cryogenic pumping system. Performing all mechanical and electric tasks required to achieve and maintain coil system performance, including but not limited to, securing each coil systems, diagnostics of each coil system to monitor its integrity. Performing all electric and mechanical tasks required to achieve and maintain power supply performance, including but not limited to, constructing/testing/maintaining high-voltage capacitor banks.Responsibilities
- Testing and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and / or electronic devices, assemblies and systems, according to instructions, technical manuals, and on own knowledge of systems, components and their functions. Ability to work with and read CAD drawings.
- Fabricates and assembles developmental systems as a complete prototype models; develops and tests systems; assists engineers and researchers in the design of equipment, provides design detail where lacking and recommends modifications to design.
- Contributes to the selection and setting up of test apparatus and evaluation of the performance and reliability of prototypes.
- Develops methods for performing adjustments, calibration alignments and modifications to repair or replace malfunctioning systems, circuitry and other hardware components
- Maintains pertinent records and prepares periodic reports on unit activities.
- Maintains PPPL required training to perform assigned tasks.
- Technical institute or AA degree with 3 to 5 years of experience; or no degree and 5 + years of related experience.
- Proficient knowledge and skill associated with a technical specialty (Assembly, fabrication, testing, etc.).
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with CAD is beneficial.
- Knowledge of research vacuum systems.
- Ability to work with high voltage power supplies.
- Timely completion and delivery of assigned tasks.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW