Jet Propulsion LaboratorySenior Contracts Administrator
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Business Operations and Finance
*JPL - HQOverview
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.Responsibilities
The Office of Contracts Management (OCM) is the Laboratory’s primary point of contact between NASA, Caltech, and Laboratory personnel on all matters relating to administration of the Prime Contract. The execution and management of contractual matters and all other aspects of the administration of the Prime Contract are within the purview of the OCM. It is our mission to provide innovative contract solutions and be the interpretive body for contract requirements, deliverables and policy detailed in the Prime Contract for our internal and external partners.
On this team you will play a vital role in the responsibility of leading and/or participating in highly complex proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities in accordance with company policies, contract & legal requirements, and customer specifications from inception to closeout.
Also serve as a primary point of contact for the Lab and responsible individual for all assigned contractual matters.Qualifications
- Experience in providing overall leadership and taking proactive measures as required in the development, coordination, and management of large and highly complex proposals/task plans, as well as providing individual and team accountability on multifunctional and/or multidisciplinary projects
- Ability to work on major assignments and projects without appreciable direction, typically exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives, discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate various methods, approaches, and resources and decide which will best accomplish each aspect of such assignments and projects.
- Experience in researching, analyzing, negotiating, processing and responding to inquiries regarding requirements on highly complex Task Orders, Memorandums of Understanding, Prime Contract documentation, Contract Modifications, and Agreements with Government Agencies and Commercial Organizations
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience
- Proficiency in personal computer applications and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to execute the work required; including the ability to learn ORACLE and other institutional applications
- Proven collaboration skills with internal and external customers, working as a contract expert and involved team member in negotiating special contract terms
- Experience in identifying highly complex risks and partner with management and Legal Counsel in drafting risk mitigation plans, including participating in the implementation of the risk mitigation plans as needed
- Advanced knowledge in administration of government cost-type R&D contracts, and interpreting policies
- Extensive understanding and ability to apply wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), NASA FAR Supplement, and other government regulations
- Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in government contracting
- Active security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
Caltech/JPL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Caltech/JPL to provide equal employment opportunities, actively recruit, and include for employment consideration all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.