It is the policy of Brixmor that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position(s) being filled. Brixmor prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, or any other status protected by applicable law.
If you have questions about careers at Brixmor and are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at:212-869-3000VP, National Accounts
US-NY-New YorkJob ID:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Brixmor Property Group believes great real estate matters, but great people matter even more.
- WE ARE a publicly traded real estate investment trust, owning and operating more than 450 high-quality, open-air shopping centers78M in GLA)
- WE VALUE highly talented and passionate professionals who thrive in a culture of integrity, diversity, empowerment, accountability and trust
- OUR MISSION is to act like owners, aggressively managing our shopping centers to deliver growing returns to our shareholders
- WE BELIEVE that our shopping centers should transform the everyday lives of the communities we serve
We are headquartered in New York City with major real estate operations in the Atlanta, San Diego, Chicago and Philadelphia markets, and our Accounting Center is in Philadelphia
VP, National Accounts
The National Accounts department is responsible for developing relationships with retailers using a proactive approach by understanding both new and existing retailer needs by conducting in depth portfolio reviews. Brixmor's comprehensive list of national accounts is chosen by both the corporate and regional offices to deliver a variety of retailers with plans of expansion regionally and nationally. The group works closely with leasing associates throughout the company.Responsibilities
- Assist SVP, Head of National Accounts in coordination of meeting materials and dissemination of information throughout company
- Act as primary liaison between national retailers and Brixmor with the intent to streamline and maximize leasing potential across the Brixmor portfolio of 450+ shopping centers.
- Utilize high level relationships with national retailers to compliment regional and local leasing initiatives nationwide. I.e. New leases, renewals, expansions, AR balances, consents, property management issues, CAM reconciliations, etc.
- Work hand in hand with our regional offices and dedicated leasing associates to ensure the maximization of lease value and execution of NOI plans nationwide.
- Conduct comprehensive portfolio reviews to provide in-depth understanding of retailer needs for potential locations, as well as existing store base (i.e. Growth Expectations, Market Strategies, Sales Thresholds/ Occupancy Costs, Site and Demographic Criteria, New Store Concepts, Expansion Pipeline, Tenant Mix, etc.).
- Attend trade shows, including: International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Dealmaking conferences, franchise shows and other industry-related conventions
- Travel required to regional trade shows and retailer meetings
- Perform additional duties as may be required
- Minimum 5 years of Commercial Real Estate experience required
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, maintaining an organized and systematic approach to task completion
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and follow-up skills
- Must be a team player and proactive problem-solver
- Proficient knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Brixmor offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefits and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities.
EOE (Brixmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer)