Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
The Service Tech II (intermediate level) is responsible for plumbing installation, maintenance and repair of large or small commercial or residential equipment. Reads blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal or water supply systems. Cuts, assembles and installs pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring). Installs and maintains water supply systems.Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
- Diagnoses plumbing issues through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position. Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble shooting. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment, testing and metering devices.
- Handles the following plumbing repairs: stoppages/cabling, pumping and backflow testing/repair/replacement, fixture install/replacement and general troubleshooting or repair, domestic water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture rough-in, pump replacement/repair, leak locating/line tracing, hydro jetting and camera.
- Responsible for water heater troubleshooting/replacement/maintenance and boiler maintenance.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record. Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy, and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
2-5 years of experience as a Service Technician.
Required plumbing repair skills: stoppages/cabling, pumping and backflow testing/repair/replacement, fixture install/replacement, general troubleshooting and repair, domestic water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture rough-in, pump replacement/repair, leak locating/line tracing, hydro jetting and camera.
Required water heater skills: planned maintenance, troubleshooting an replacement.
Required boiler skills: planned maintenance.
Must be able to read schematics and blue prints.
Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
Performs as self-managed individual.
Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.