We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 265212
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Tampa, FL
Major Market: FL – Tampa
Date Posted: April 16, 2019Job Description
Epperson, a division of Motion Industries, is seeking a Business Operations Manager in the Tampa, Florida area. This Business Operations Manager will direct and coordinate all aspects of Epperson's three -branch belting field service and installation operation through a team of functional managers and supervisors. This role ensures customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and equipment; plans and directs goals and objectives to support company initiatives; and communicates with senior management and Vice Presidents when necessary and appropriate to ensure business is kept in motion.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.Responsibilities
- Profit and Loss responsibility for three (3) Epperson branches.
- Ensure company values are supported in all day to day company operations. Develop short and long range strategic plans by evaluating opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives. Report on progress to senior management.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, sales and marketing, and technical services policies and practices; coordinate such actions with corporate staff.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, employees, suppliers, and industry organizations enforcing ethical business practices. Work to increase market range and look for new markets to increase sales. Make recommendations on marketing targets and strategy.
- Develop annual budget for approval. Manage and control the implementation of corporate approved budgets through the establishment of plans, results measurement, allocation of resources, review of progress, and making mid-course corrections.
- Ensure adherence to all company business operations processes and quality standards. Identify, assess, and review major resource and equipment requirements and communicate needs to senior management. Ensure compliance to OSHA requirements.
- Assist in the development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
- Professionally represent the company in all business-related ventures. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing networks; benchmarking and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field of study and 3 - 5 years leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and leadership experience.
- Experience in the belting field service and installation industry preferred.
- Ability to write business correspondence and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in spread sheet software, word processing software and business operations software.
- Must have strong leadership skills and effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Must be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently and accountably and inspire high performance from team and self.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Proven skills in business and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Must be readily available by cell phone during off-hours.
- Must be willing to travel frequently.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons