Computer Aid, Inc
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment. Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.Ref No:
Dearborn,MichiganPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves in a senior engineer role with a strong background in Middleware technology. Provides oversight in the planning, evaluation, implementation and validation of new/emerging technologies. Leads project and /or technical maintenance teams. Responsible for providing recommendations and attaining design approval for new technologies and major enhancements to existing systems. Provides support to Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Works with customers to understand business objectives in order to ensure functional and technical designs meet requirements and are in compliance with the ACG infrastructure and IS technology standards. Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands on in depth experience with one or more Java Application Servers (JBoss EAP, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic) required
- Experience with SSL/TLS configuration and certificate management required
- Experience with Ansible and Linux/Unix scripting preferred
- Experience with Guidewire, Mulesoft, and IBM MQ preferred
- Familiarity with load balancer configuration desirable
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, etc.) desirable
- Familiarity with containers (Docker/Kubernetes) desirable
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or six to eight years relevant technical and analytical experience.
Requirements include the same as previous in job family plus strong technical, analytic, design and development experience.
- Designing, developing and implementing technology solutions using technical/business design decisions
- Multi-platform environments and infrastructure technology planning
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Serving as a consultant to business lines in defining processes or identifying technology based on business requirements
- Developing business plans for technology initiatives
Strong knowledge of:
- Infrastructure architecture (Network, Firewall, Integration)
- Tactical infrastructure technology
- Security and control procedures
- Relational database concepts
- Business process reengineering and technology application
Leadership experience including:
- Providing technical consultation and training to less senior staff
- Providing leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
- Apply similar prior experience to new issues to ensure effective problem solving
- Develop strong business relationships
Strong written communication skills, including, but not limited to, procedures and technical material preparation and presentation.
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities will receive consideration and are encouraged to apply.For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website www.compaid.com.