2019-6814# of Openings
2019-04-16Area of Interest
11:30 am to 7:00 pmOverviewAre you a culinary team member looking to make a difference? Are you looking to join a team of organized, professional and responsible Dietary Professionals who strive to positively affect our residents' dining experience? If creating cuisine, tailored to specific dietary requirements that tastes delicious is what makes you excited.... then we want you on our team!
Elderwood Village at St. Gregory Court, an Assisted Living Facility (ALF) serving the geriatric population is seeking an experienced cook to join our team of dedicated employees.Cook Position Overview:
Our Cooks are responsible to implement and maintain effective, efficient systems to operate the dietary department. Providing food services to our residents in a cost-effective, efficient manner to safely meet residents' needs. Meal times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus.
We are currently hiring for a Part Time Cook.ResponsibilitiesCook Duties:
- Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet needs.
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the preparation, cooking and production line stages of food production.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and served at correct temperature.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food preparation experience required.
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities required.
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process necessary.
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.