Ralph L. Wadsworth
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Job ID
2019-3126# of Openings
US-UT-Salt Lake CityPosted Date
A Laborer is generally qualified to perform and has had experience in any combination of following tasks, such as erecting, repairing, and wrecking buildings and bridges; requiring little or no independent judgment. Performs a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints, etc. Generally, the Laborer assists Carpenters, Finishers, Equipment Operators, and other skill craft workers.
From a Laborer, there is great opportunities for growth into a skilled crafter worker and beyond.
Laborer responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment, materials etc.
- Lifts, carries, and holds building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Digs, spreads, and levels dirt and gravel, using pick, rake, and shovel.
- Moving and transferring from job to job as projects progress and work is available.
- Work with other workers in a cooperative manner.
- General labor work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits / Pay
- A minimum of 6 months to 2 years of experience in construction laborer type work.
- Transportation to work
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Willing to do general laborer work (e.g. Sweep, clean up job site, run errands, use hammer and saw, dig trenches, etc.)
- Flexible availability to include overtime and weekends.
- Valid Driver's license
- Must be willing to work 65+ hours a week during the summer months
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties