Ralph L. Wadsworth
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Job ID
2019-3128# of Openings
A Carpenter builds rough wooden structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions. A Ralph L Wadsworth Concrete Carpenter will be assigned to multiple types of projects such as building parking structures, footing and foundations for large commercial buildings, box culverts, concrete facilities like waste water plants (Tanks, pump stations, concrete buildings), and help construct heavy highway bridges, sound barrier walls, medium divider walls, MSE Wall, etc.
Carpenter responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Construct built-in-place or prefabricated wooden and/or metal forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures such as: piers, footers, retaining walls, abutments, parapets, caps, columns and bridge decks
- Proficiently saw lumber per blueprint dimensions, using handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Perform work with some supervision
- Pour and screed concrete to grade and straight edged
- Treat equipment with care and keep tools clean
- Proficiently erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Hang ledgers, overhang brackets and decking with either plywood or steel forms
- Tying rebar
- Proficiently form slabs, columns and walls for concrete pours
- Ability to form and pour minor projects with little instruction.
- Layout footings, walls, boxes, dowels, etc.
- Lift and handle built-in-place forms and/or assembles, erects and installs prefabricated forms.
- Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specified dimensions.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, and planks.
- Proficiently build rough wooden structures such as: scaffolds, temporary frame shelters, overhang jacks and safety railings.
- Lift and set rails for finishing machine.
- Pour concrete in forms and decks which requires vibrating, shoveling and raking. Also assists cement finishers.
- Demonstrate good Knowledge and ability to use the following forming systems
- Aluminum Gang Forms
- Stick Frame Wood Forms
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits / Pay
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in rough, concrete, or bridge carpentry and pouring concrete or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Transportation to work
- Work Safely
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Willing to do laborer work
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends.
- Valid Driver's license
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties