Ralph L. Wadsworth
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Job ID
2019-3129# of Openings
US-UT-Salt Lake CityPosted Date
Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures by performing the following duties. The size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion.
Ralph L Wadsworth Concrete Finishers could be assigned to multiple projects such as large commercial flat work, large roadway paving pours, footings and foundations, concrete walls, parking structures, etc. In addition, finishers often times are assigned to concrete carpenter tasks.
Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete highway roads to specified textures by performing the following duties. The size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis. May be designated according to specific work performed.
- Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
- Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms with rake or shovel.
- Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, with hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Finishes concrete surfaces, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Molds expansion joints and edges.
- Sprinkles colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- Produces rough concrete surface with broom.
- Mixes cement with hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- Directs subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces.
- Able to set up Screed, Bidwell, GoMaco and other equipment to specifications
Benefits / Pay
- A minimum of 2-4 years of pouring concrete and finishing in multiple disciplines (roadways, large commercial flat work, foundations and footings, walls, parking structures, etc.)
- Transportation to work
- Be flexible with working different shifts (days, nights) and working long hours during the summer months (70+ hours a week and nights during the summer months)
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more
- Be willing to do laborer and carpentry work and other responsibilities when finishing is not required.
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties