Sev1tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.Department:
Department of Homeland Security Customs & Border ProtectionLocation:
Springfield, VASUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Working with an enterprise network architecture and engineering team supporting our Federal customer, the Network Architect
supports projects to upgrade, modernize and support the migration of a Wide Area Network (WAN) communications infrastructure supporting over 1200 field sites and multiple Program Directorates.Eligibility/Clearance Requirements:
Must be able to obtain a Customs & Border Protection clearance
CBP Full BI - 1st
Any DHS badge + Top Secret or Secret - 2nd preference
Secret or Top Secret + willingness to get CBP clearance - 3rd preference (it can take at minimum 90 days to 9 months to obtain a CBP clearance work can only begin once the clearance is fully adjudicated)Certifications/Skillsets:
CCIE requiredPosition Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interface with customers to collect and clarify requirements
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Manage network communications testing, installation, and support for the MAN/WAN system
- Mentor and provide guidance to other networking team members
- Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
- Troubleshoot network infrastructure systems as needed
- Perform system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including coordination of personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
- Interface with vendors when necessary during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, and set standards.
- Provide client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities.
- Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, company management and departmental clients. Assists in internal training programs.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Provide for Tier IV escalation support of CBPs Enterprise LAN/WAN
- Configure network routers, switches and wireless controllers for LAN/WAN connectivity (Cisco preferred, Juniper also)
- Develop network designs and comprehensive site analysis
- Firewall design and configuration (Cisco ASA, FTD, and Palo Alto preferred)
- Root Cause Analysis support
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, investigate and resolve issues with network connectivity and latency
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related degree. (Without degree, an additional 4 yrs of relevant work experience). Minimum of 10 years of network engineering experience of Medium to Large WAN network experience: functions and concepts of a wide area network, designing LAN/WAN's and network engineering:
- Experience with Cisco routing/switching configuration and troubleshooting to the CCIE level, ASRs, ISR 4Ks, Cisco NGFWs, and F5 Load Balancers
- IP experience (to include sub-netting and routing), IPV4/IPV6
- WAN Optimization (Riverbed preferred)
- ACI Datacenter Experience
- Cisco Wireless (8540, 5520, Office Extend, and Meraki)
- Routing experience required (BGP and OSPF preferred, EIGRP also)
- Cisco DMVPN concepts
- Software Defined WAN and LAN experience
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Adept in using troubleshooting and performance management tools such as HPNA, Riverbed SteelCentral, NetScout, IXIA, , etc.
- Deep packet capture and analysis experience
- Data Center Migration experience
- Cloud Networking Experience (AWS, Azure, and others)
- End to end application mapping
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
On-site daily at client site in SpringfieldPosition Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.Travel:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.About Us:
Sev1tech LLC., a large business prime contractor based in Woodbridge VA, provides program management, Information Technology, and engineering support services to both federal and commercial clients nationwide.
In addition to providing employees with competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, Sev1Tech also provides the following perks:
Automatic 5% vesting into each employees 401K (no match required)
Tuition reimbursement and paid certifications
Paid Volunteer Days
Referral bonuses for hired referrers
Eligibility to participate in our Employee Bonus Incentive Program
Come join the team thats won in the top 3 spot nationwide for Best Small IT Companies to Work by ComputerWorlds for 5 years in a row.
Sev1Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.