This position provides cross-functional support in the registration and maintenance of academic records for undergraduate students, Non Degree and Visiting students, Nursing students and High School programs. This position is responsible for engaging with students through the registration process and supporting activities of the office of Registration and Records including registration; transcript coordination; audits and evaluations; and commencement.
1. Provides cross functional support in the registration and maintenance of academic records and provides general advise and assistance to students concerning all College registration procedures and policies; elevates more in-depth inquiries to appropriate administrative personnel.
2. Utilizes excellent customer service skills to assist students with self-registration.
3. Provides accurate information for prospective Nursing students regarding program requirements; and provides assistance with the preparation nursing student files and the ongoing evaluation of program requirements.
4. Processes and evaluates incoming transcripts from High Schools and Colleges/Universities.
5. Resolves issues with processing transcript requests through the National Student Clearinghouse; seeks additional guidance from designated department administrators when necessary.
6. Assists with special projects, i.e., express enrollment days, pre-nursing information sessions, graduation audits, and other general office functions as assigned; assists with the preparation for Commencement.
7. Receives and responds to departmental e-mail and distribute SNAIL mail.
8. Assists in keeping Registrar information current on the Registrar Web Site.
9. Monitors office supplies and paper inventory and re-orders as necessary.
10. Related duties and projects as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree highly desirable, however a High School Diploma and an additional two years of experience (total of three years) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
2. At least one year of client service experience that required excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
3. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet; prior exposure to a database software platform helpful.
This position requires schedule flexibility including evening and weekend hours as deemed necessary for the department’s operational needs.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).