Manchester Tank - Quincy
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here
Manchester Tank - Quincy
Installs, repairs and maintains machinery and equipment such as electrical motors, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components or production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system. Installs, maintains, and repairs physical structures, pipe and electrical systems.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and diagnose problem or repair machine and report machine operation variations with supervisors.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Visually inspects hydraulic lines and components to detect leaks, damages, and wear. Reads pressure gauges to detect abnormal oil pressure and smells to detect overheated oil. Turns valve to release pressure from hydraulic system and disconnects hydraulic supply and return lines. Removes and replaces defective accumulator.
- Replaces worn or damaged hydraulic components such as oil lines, fittings, cylinders, servo-valves, pressure release valves, gaskets, and seals. Disassembles hydraulic system and removes and replaces defective actuator, pump bearings, and pump motor. Performs routine maintenance such as changing filters. Observes readout on display screen of robot controller to determine nature of system malfunction. Installs hydraulic oil lines on new machinery and equipment.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Dismantles devices, machines and equipment to gain access to problem area and remove defective parts. Repairs or replaces defective parts and install new or repaired parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Cleans and lubricates parts, shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery. Sets up and operates metal working tools such as drill press, or grinder to make or repair parts or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. Able to troubleshoot 480 three phase and 110.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Starts devices, machines and equipment to test their performance following repair.
- Initiates material requisitions for parts and machines.
This position is on 2nd shift.
Apply online at mantank.com.