Triumph GroupRequisition Number
US-TX-Arlington# of Positions Remaining
Full timeExperience (Years)
Engineering - AllSecurity Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Master Scheduler
is responsible for the preparation, development, maintenance and analysis of complex and integrated work package master schedules to meet program objectives and requirements and will work directly with program management and engineering leads to ensure the integrity of program schedules. This position is responsible for the generation of metrics, ETC reports and validation and will create detailed presentations with regular graphical task status and Earned Value metric updates for management review. The Master Scheduler will be considered a lead role and MS Project SME for best practices in scheduling and will contribute to the implementation of process improvements of current scheduling practices and metrics. This position will also be expected to mentor others within the scheduling team on scheduling basics and earned value fundamentals.Responsibilities
- Work with multiple functional disciplines such as engineers, manufacturing, operations, project managers, finance and systems engineers to develop and maintain project schedules.
- Work with Microsoft Project Schedule on a daily basis to develop, manage, and track resource loaded schedules.
- Work with and lead other schedulers to develop and manage an integrated master schedule. May be assigned some sections of this schedule to work independently.
- Experience and understanding of Earned Value Management. Experience with Department of Defense Programs a plus but not mandatory.
- Able to learn, utilize and offer improvements for standard company policies and practices in the areas of scheduling and earned value management.
- Enjoy interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Experience with Critical Path Analysis.
- Be responsible for tracking dependencies, critical path and float in multiple schedules.
- Develop, run and present graphical reports and metrics to management to show schedule status at a detail level.
- Run earned value metrics.
Successful candidates typically have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience or10 years of experience working with Microsoft Project without a degree
- Extensive experience with resource loaded schedules in Microsoft Project 2010.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word. and have a strong aptitude for learning new software applications.
- Ability to pivot, adapt quickly to change and function in a fast paced working environment.
- Critical thinking skills and have the ability to reason through issues using logic and common sense.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must be very diligent and detail oriented with the ability to be self-directed when given general guidance and parameters.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com
to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).