Location: Aliso Viejo, California
NeoGenomics is seeking two 4-month contract positions to support our scientific and medical intelligence programs. In this role you would apply your training and experience in researching scientific literature and publically available data to provide the state of the science of oncology biomarker identification and utility. This position requires you to identify, read, synthesize, and summarize scientific literature, clinical trials, and news from sources including PubMed, clinicaltrials.gov, FDA, corporate press releases, financial analyst reports, etc. The position reports to the Director of Scientific Affairs.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing literature review to update and maintain a database with new procedures, research, cancer therapies, clinical trials, and related competitive intelligence.
- Interpret, evaluate, synthesize, and summarize scientific research and other secondary source material into accurate, clear, and concise clinical insights for key internal and external audiences in a timely manner according to SOP.
- An understanding of the Hallmarks of cancer, targeted therapies and their molecular function, and oncology clinical trials.
- General computer skills and the ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- An understanding of the value of supporting statements with appropriate citations and the format and resources for doing so (Google Scholar, Endnote, etc.)
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to embrace accountability for deliverables under tight deadlines, to think creatively and critically, to work independently, and to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Minimum two (2) years of directly relevant experience in molecular biology, oncology literature research, clinical trials, therapeutics, and/or biomarkers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data management, preparation of summary statements, and competitive intelligence deliverables.
- MS in molecular biology, structural biology, biophysics, protein science, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.