Location: Houston,Ft Myers,Tampa,Nashville, Tennessee
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
The Clinical Laboratory Technologist II
works under minimal direction and consistently and accurately performs either a greater number or more dynamic amount of complex or difficult tasks and assignments than the work performed by a Clinical Laboratory Technologist II. This is considered the intermediate level in the Technologist job category.Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.Position Summary:
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist I or II - Cytogenetics
you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing procedures. You will figure out acceptability of specimens for testing, prepare clinical specimens and identify specimen related problems.
In this position, you will need to analyze specimens and review and release test results. You will have the means to prepare stock solutions, reagents and cocktails used in the laboratory. You will then test these based on standard criteria and document all observations.
The shift for this position will be Sunday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
You will be eligible for a shift differential on designated days/hours.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Participates in continuing education
- Bachelor's Degree in Cytogenetics from an accredited college or university preferred OR Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least one year of laboratory required.
- Level II: 4+ years of equivalent experience (high complexity testing) preferred
- Nationally: ASCP (CG) certification - Medical Technology or Cytogenetics
- FL: current state license to perform laboratory testing = Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- CA: current state license to perform laboratory testing = Clinical Cytogenetics Scientist License
- TN: current state license to perform laboratory testing = Medical Laboratory Professional
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.