Morrison & Foerster LLPID:
7141Job Posting Title:
Legal Secretary - IP LitigationLocation:
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for an IP Litigation Legal Secretary within our Litigation Group in our San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, performs a variety of secretarial and executive assistant tasks to support assigned attorneys and other timekeepers. Provides a high level of client service and support while producing a high volume of consistently excellent work products. Maintains a general knowledge of the Firm's practice areas and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys' practice area(s) and clients in order to enhance and promote communication between attorneys and their clients and to provide excellent, personalized service to support attorney/client relationships. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position. This is supporting the Litigation practice group, specifically Intellectual Property Litigation.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides professional client relationship management with external clients.
- Creates, edits, and proofreads complex and practice-specific legal documents, forms, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- In conjunction with Paralegals, may prepare or coordinate the preparation of Responses to Auditor Requests. Assists with preparation of Opinion Letters.
- Works with attorneys to facilitate new matter and conflicts check requests.
- Creates and maintains client/matter lists and communication lists.
- Organizes and accurately maintains physical and electronic documents and files in a timely manner. Creates and maintains working files and binders as requested. Utilizes Firm provided software to accurately store email messages, and maintain and retrieve files.
- Utilizes Outlook to schedule appointments and calendar dates. Maintains contacts in Outlook.
- Assists with timenote entry, including inputting timenotes, editing, proofreading, and closing them on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internet resources to perform basic legal research and print off cases, as requested.
- Utilizes Ework software to open new matters, prepare engagement letters, and process conflict reports.
- Collaborates with Client Account Manager and assigned timekeepers to manage billing process, including editing prebills, generating reports, and sending out final invoices. May assist with collection efforts. Coordinates client, matter and timekeeper inquiries.
- Initiates client file transfer requests and assists with client disengagements.
- May facilitate the secure transfer of case/client data in accordance with firm's data security policy.
- Provides backup support to other attorneys and timekeepers as needed. Volunteers for overflow work assignments when time permits and actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork. Participates in departmental projects designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues.
- Acts and assists as a proactive mentor for junior staff and new employees. Assists with training regarding specific Firm processes and procedures as requested.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply strong attention to detail to all levels of work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, function in both a proactive and collaborative manner, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Highly proficient with Windows-based software used by the firm, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Mac Pac. Working knowledge of database, and time and attendance tracking applications.
- Typing speed of 70 wpm with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and availability to work overtime required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering client service by assisting co-workers.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are
, and what we do
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.