Pipette - Pipette CreativeWork Type:
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website www.amyris.com.
You are an idea-driven storyteller, creative and forward-thinking, and able to work outside of the box and stretch the Pipette brand, while maintaining, evolving and elevating brand standards. You enjoy being involved in the making of the work as well as taking the reins and leading it. You thrive in ambiguity and autonomy in an extremely fast-faced environment with many priorities and deadlines. You will support business development initiatives and partner with the Senior Director, Creative to help lead brainstorms, defining creative and brand strategies, and selling creative ideas to business partners.
The Art Director will help ideate and create new, fresh content for the Pipette brand. You will work at a global, regional and local market level on a wide range of projects. You will help oversee production for a broad range of creative work, including brand identity development, UX/UI design, integrated marketing campaigns, packaging, retail merchandising, events, photography and video production, social media, and consistently delivering quality work on time.
You live and breathe design, typography, color theory, and composition. You will be responsible for creating stunning visuals for both print and digital media. You will work closely with key stakeholders to translate marketing and brand strategies into comps that render beautifully in print and online. The ideal candidate is a true collaborator at heart and has a real love and appreciation for design and designed products that resonate with the customer.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Creative and will help support and develop relationships with key internal stakeholders.Responsibilities
- Create campaigns for new product launches and seasonal marketing campaigns
- Develop imaginative ways for Pipette to have a positive impact on customers
- Concept compelling campaigns that boost brand love and advocacy
- Experiment with and execute ideas across multiple touchpoints and mediums
- Participate and encourage constructive dialogue about the work and brand vision
- Be open to learning new process and tools to create ideas and new content
- Generate ideas quickly and articulate them well, ensuring deadlines are met
- Strong strategic thinking, communication and influencing skills. Must be able to effectively articulate vision, present and explain creative decisions/rationale to key stakeholders.
- Experience managing and mentoring other designers to create effective and well branded creative
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
- Skills in versatility and adaptability with the capacity to handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations at once, while remaining flexible through multiple revisions and keeping a keen attention to detail
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to concept, develop, and execute campaigns and product launches for the Pipette brand
- Help lead the creative vision and execution of Pipette brand creative assets, including continued development of Pipette Brand & Equity Guides. Maintain existing Pipette printed and web materials with required creative and tactical updates as needed.
- Interface with outside vendors as needed for work such as production artists, illustrators,
- photographers, videographers and/or print vendors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field required
- 8+ years of design experience in branding for print, packaging, and digital - experience in both print and web creative execution a must.
- Possess an outstanding portfolio with variety of industries and deliverables represented
- Expert knowledge in graphic design principles; strong visual design sense, excellent typography & layout skills, keen eye for detail and brand identity systems
- Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback
- Strong conceptual skills, critical thinking, resourcefulness
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and Adobe CC Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Photography skills a big plus
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently and values collaboration and feedback
- Passion for clean beauty
Pipette is a clean baby brand with a mission to give every child the best
start. We serve moms and dads who strive with every choice to raise more
conscious individuals while leaving behind a better planet for their children.
With the same passion for a cleaner future that led our scientists to ban over
2,000 potentially harmful ingredients from our labs, we've made protecting
babies our goal by using the fewest ingredients possible from the purest
sources. With the most stringent standards of testing and safety, we create
the highest quality clean formulations incorporating an eco-sustainable system.
Because we believe that when we make it easy for parents to take care
of their little ones, we are taking care of the future and our planet.