2019-2468# of Openings:
Safety & Regulatory Compliance/Quality AssuranceCity:
Atlas Air, IncOverview
Distribution of Company operational manuals and manufacturers' manuals to stations, vendors and aircraft to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Perform quality control/quality assurance checks on technical writers' work to minimize errors, ensure accuracy and reduce the time and resources needed to prepare and produce documents. Provide administrative assistance to the Airline Publications department. Responsibilities Major Job Accountabilities:
- Distribution of Company operational manuals and manufacturers' manuals to stations, vendors and aircraft to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform quality control on Company documentation according to a pre-established set of guidelines on a computerized checklist including the following.
- Check for accuracy and consistency of required elements prior to print production (i.e., Transmittal Letter, Revision Highlights, LOEP, Tabs, etc.).
- Identify formatting and structural problems of manuals and revisions. Work with technical writers to correct identified problems and issues.
- Review proofs of revisions, manuals, bulletins, etc. before final print.
- Verify that the CD and Web versions of the manuals have proper security and bookmarks.
- Update and maintain master manual spreadsheet and aircraft checklists.
- Audit/maintain Company master manuals and CD libraries.
- Audit forms used in aircraft kits and ensure all checklists are current.
- Posting/updating/auditing of GlobalNet.
- Assist in updating departmental procedure guides (SOP).
- Continuously improve workflow processes.
- Monitor and order supplies as needed.
- Place and close orders through Ariba (Boeing renewals, binder requests, office supplies, etc.).
- Field, respond and provide guidance/assistance on aircraft/vendors/crewmember related issues as assigned on a daily basis.
- Provide support to the technical writers and vendors on production specifications and requirements for company and manufacturers manual.
- Participate on an on-going basis in the improvement of Departmental procedures and practices.
- Perform other assignments as directed by Director, Airline Publications.
- Minimum 2 years' college and related experience preferred
- Copy editing and proofreading skills preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Resourcefulness, strong initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and adapt to changing project deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Must be able to lift approximately 40-60 pounds