2018-2238# of Openings:
Atlas Air, IncOverview
Evaluate technical and performance aspects related to aircraft operationsResponsibilities
Other Considerations :
- Route Planning Analysis - Research flight routing based on historical data, airport conditions, aircraft characteristics, and selected routes.
- Evaluate and formulate route studies from the Route Analysis for airport suitability, payload, range, fuel consumption, and time comparison.
- Compile information from Route Analysis for various Company/Customer reports etc.
- Maintain the Route Analysis database, which consists of route studies.
- Determine geographic / operational feasibility of flight segments and routes.
- Assist the Director or Manager of Performance Engineering in new operations, as well as evaluation/reevaluation of current system and operations as pertains to current ACMI Wet Lease customers and provide support in all phases and aspects of the Department.
- Prepare Route Analysis data on short notice as a tool for marketing long-term / ACMI contracts.
- Perform the airport analysis / pre-planning function including a review all the airports involved in a proposed operation (departure, destination, alternate, & intermediate) to ensure that they are suitable and/or adequate for planned operations.
- Perform routine performance engineering and operations support functions, including but not limited to:
- 24 Hour Maximum Payloads (Standard ACMI)
- Ad Hoc / Customer Scheduled Maximum Payload Requests
- Ad Hoc Block Time Requests
- ACMI Permit Database Maintenance / Data Entry
- 24 Hour NOTAM Check for New & Infrequent Stations
- Airport Suitability Analysis completion
- Route Building as required
- Drift-down and Terrain Clearance Calculations for new route approvals
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director or Manager Flight Operations Performance Engineering
- This position will require, on a routine basis, to interface with the Marketing and Dispatch Departments to provide information (Route Analysis data) in a timely manner, on many occasions on short notice, as well as providing the link between Marketing Operations as this is the key to providing cost-effective service.
- Will require shift work and on-call work.
- Experienced in aircraft route planning in international operations preferred.
- World-wide geographic familiarity with respect to jet airways and international flight planning.
- Proficiency in computer flight preparation systems preferred.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office/Access/Excel Products.
- Demonstrate good communication, negotiation, analytical, project/program management, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Must be highly organized, focused and able to multi-task and prioritize tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- High initiative, results oriented with strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
- Must be flexible, willing to work weekends and be on-call.