2019-2395# of Openings:
Corporate Communications/Public RelationsCity:
Atlas Air, IncOverview
This role is responsible for leading a strong internal and external communications agenda for Atlas Air Worldwide. The candidate will develop the strategies and plans that will define the way that Atlas Air communicates with its employees and external stakeholders to drive a high performing and highly engaged organization. Importantly, this role will significantly influence and shape company culture, which ultimately will support and enhance the employee value proposition.Responsibilities
- Work with Vice President, Communications to establish communications strategy that builds internal and external advocacy and excitement for company's short-term and long-term objectives.
- Leverage modern day communications tools and platforms to tell the story of Atlas Air, with an emphasis on digital communications and channels. Position to play a key role in driving content development for corporate sites, blogs and social media platforms.
- Engage and partner with key cross-functional business leaders to align communications initiatives with broad corporate objectives and specific strategic needs
- Help manage the company's media relations, including relationship building with key industry publications, cultivating meaningful press opportunities, managing incoming inquiries reactively, interview preparation and key message development. In addition, to include ongoing media monitoring and reporting to ensure executive team is kept well informed of media developments.
- Work with company leaders and HR to establish best practices, standards and processes for internal communications, i.e., alignment with key company messages, proper message cascading.
- Partner with HR to create and execute employee engagement strategy, building employee motivation and support behind our vision, mission and core values.
- Oversees all existing internal communications channels (including intranet, email, video and webcasts) and champions new channel opportunities.
- Manages live employee events, including town halls, to include content preparation, event logistics, post-event recaps, etc.
- Evolves intranet to be a vibrant story-telling platform to help build the corporate narrative for employees. Site to focus on providing timely business updates, recognizing our employees, and spotlighting compelling news throughout the organization. To be supported with a strong communications campaign to drive adoption and traffic to the intranet.
- Support change management efforts, including preparation of communication plans, key message toolkits, executive scripts.
- Liaise with HR and senior leaders to prepare and issue organization announcements.
- Liaise with communication contacts across all facilities in the company to coordinate locally based communications.
- Participate in crisis management activities as appropriate, on issues involving employees.
- Build support for company's philanthropic efforts with employees, through volunteer and other engagement opportunities.
- Innovate and advance the communications function through best practice benchmarking, and following emerging functional trends.
- 7-10 years' experience in internal communication
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- An excellent collaborator with strong consultative and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and project leadership skills.
- An enterprising, creative self-starter who can partner with employees at all levels of the business
- Strong general business acumen, particularly with a global, public company.
- Disciplined planning and organizing ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in overseeing online platforms including intranet and social media preferred.