Challenge Unlimited, Inc.
- Train and assist client to engage in work and/or alternative activities, monitor their progress and behavior, provide feedback and re-direction as needed. Work closely with assigned client 1:1 in learning and developing their skills and abilities during work and non-work times. Provide appropriate training opportunities during non-work times by following the schedule provided.
- Prepare and maintain the work area or activity area prior to, during, and after the clients shift. Move materials to and from the area by hand or using a cart. Ensure that all contract materials are returned to the required location. Set up area for activities and skills training according to the area schedule. Complete daily work assignments such as sanitizing work areas, sweeping and mopping areas, general cleaning, etc.
- Complete daily documentation and any data entry. Document and submit production related reports and/or complete documentation for programming on goals and objectives. Enter data into Kronos payroll system when assigned to oversee clients work. Complete incident/accident reports as needed to address client issues and submit by at least the end of that shift.
- Assist with the development and implementation of client programs and goals by understanding pertinent information regarding clients. Communicate effectively with client regarding the progress toward goals and program success. Review client files and participate in necessary training regarding clients and their individual needs. Execute formal programming for assigned 1:1 individual and provide updates/feedback to Employment Facilitator regarding progress and needs.
- Assist with the activities of daily living (ADL) and with community outings and work. Help client with assistance in the restroom, lunch time activity and readying for bus runs. Supervise and assist clients during community outings, off-site contract work and drive company van as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Experience with people with developmental disabilities (DD) or mental illness (MI) is preferred.
- Basic computer operating / data entry skills required
- Must pass criminal background check. Must pass various State and Federal registry checks. Must pass DCFS Abuse and Neglect Tracking System check
- CPR, 1st Aid, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and Direct Support Person (DSP) training provided by the company must be successfully completed within the first 4 months to be certified and annually thereafter for CPR, 1st Aid and CPI to maintain the position.
- Be 25 or older, have a valid driver's license, and pass driving history check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.