Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Fargo, ND; Kansas City, KS and Seattle, WA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
A Research Associate II works independently in the day to day laboratory operation, collection and review of data for the Analytical Biology Laboratory. Support the activities of various service groups including ligand binding, flow cytometry, molecular biology and LCMS/MS, as needed. Participates in the creation of study worksheets, SOP's and other controlled documents as assigned. Provides support for general laboratory equipment and maintenance as assigned.
- Laboratory Maintenance (cleaning, ordering supplies, equipment PM, etc.)
- Collect and organize laboratory data according to the appropriate oversight document (ex Protocol, Analytical Study Plan, SOPs)
- Create and/or revise SOP and SOP forms
- Work independently in study-related tasks
- Perform quality control review of laboratory and study records
- Assist with method development activities
- Associates degree in scientific discipline plus a minimum of 6 months relevant laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment
- Intermediate computer and computer software skills with Microsoft products including Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and
- procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Preferred Skills: Familiarity with qPCR, Western blotting, Cell culture techniques, ligand binding assays, and general laboratory tasks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401K with match
- Life insurance
- Relaxed dress code
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- On-site cafeteria and gym
- Company events, including happy hours, team building competitions, lunches and much more.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.