Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Manufacturing Operations# of Openings
9 hours agoShift/Schedule
SuMTWTh 3:00P-12:00A (United States of America)Overview
The Lab Technician performs preparatory work and basic manufacturing functions for the production of oligonucleotide and aides the department with general laboratory maintenance. ResponsibilitiesJob Specific Essential Functions:
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Maintains accurate and detailed product and instrument records
- Maintains inventory control by performing appropriate transactions
- Complies with the requirements for an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environment
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Performs lab cleaning and decontamination protocols
- Communicates with all levels of peers and management
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Uses purification instruments for customer required purifications.
- Maintains instruments for optimum chromatography.
- Uses front end software for pre-purification QC and sorting of expedited products.
- Uses dry down equipment for customer product as needed.
- Uses lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Uses custom software packages.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Previous laboratory and chemical handling experience preferred
- Manages time to achieve the best productivity possible
- Ability to measure and handle materials in safe and accurate manner
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to use aids and work instructions effectively to perform job functions
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.