Location: Los Angeles / Orange County, CA USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 3477Description
As a Project Controls Manager, you will assist the Project Managers / District Managers in establishing and maintaining effective procedures and requirements for cost controls. This position will assist project teams in managing cost in both theory and function by supporting financial analysis and reporting. This role requires participation in daily activities relating to cost and document controls including but not limited to systems oversight, planning support, and promoting best practices and Company policies. This position will help develop a strong foundation for future growth of the Company and its employees. Location is also open to Chino Hills, CA.Responsibilities
- Participate in the creation and analysis of subcontractor payments and change orders and claims
- Basic understanding of contract agreements may be necessary
- Assist the Project Team with tracking unsecured revenue and/or project contingencies
- Assist the Project Team in tracking over/under billings and taking an active role in reducing under billings
- At the request of the Project Manager/ District Managers, assist the Project Team in preparing staff and labor projections, equipment and material projections, and productivity trend reporting and analysis on key operations to accurately forecast these costs to determine and expected financial outcome.
- Act as a liaison between the Project Controls Group and project staff
- Assist the project team in closing out the project and validate the final revenue before the final bill is submitted.
- Participate in the creation of the payment application and understand its connection with the job cost report and key indicators
- Basic understanding of the owner contracts in order to be of assistance to the Project Manager on specific project requirements.
- Knowledge of project change orders
- Auditing Force Account Billings between accounting systems and billings to the owner
- Participate in Project Reviews with the Project teams.
- Support the financial audit process projects
- Promote, manage, and support Document Control and its related system(s)
- Evaluate and develop systems for process improvement
- Conduct training either one-on-one or with larger groups
- Create, review, and submit monthly reporting deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field plus a minimum of three years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with accounting and document control systems
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents and financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including construction accounting.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.