IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC, the recognized world leader in technology market research and advisory services, is seeking summer intern for 10 weeks this summer with a major (or concentration) in Computer Science or Information Technology, with a high level of interest in market research.
In this role, the intern will learn the skills of market research and how to analyze technology, products and markets, and subsequently articulate his/her analysis in written form. In addition, in this exciting position, the ideal candidate will learn how to handle and view data to "tell a story" about the market.This position is based in our Framingham, MA headquarters. Responsibilities
- Participate in researching hot topics and authoring documents in Computing Platforms space
- Work with with IDC Analysts to identify topics of interest, and participate in primary research
- Assist in developing research reports
- Participate in quantitative modeling exercises/projects
- Review models, perform data validation checks and populate tables with data (via formulae).
- Survey data analysis
- Participate in quantitative modeling exercises/projects.
- Review Excel models, perform data validation checks and populate tables with data (via formulae)
Curious about IDC's Internship Program? Watch the video below! About IDC:
- Undergraduate or graduate students with Computer Science or Information Technology degrees, who want to explore a career in market research
- A "technologist"; someone familiar with computing platforms, operating environments, servers, cloud technologies, storage systems and software
- A candidate who is interested in learning more about evolving industry and market trends and the impact of new technology adoption
- Strong writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to commute to the IDC's Corporate Headquarters in Framingham, MA
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.