IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Boston# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
The Program Vice President (PVP), Security Products is responsible for researching, writing and advising clients on current and emerging/next-generation security strategies and products. The PVP will be responsible for ensuring research and profit goals are met by managing a team of analysts contributing to said goals on a quarterly and annualized basis. This includes delivering consulting expertise, customized research, and technical papers against deadlines.Responsibilities Responsibilities include:
- Security Technology Leadership: Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as it pertains to enterprise security technology products and trends, providing thought leadership on the security landscape, market dynamics, and next-generation solutions. Understands and articulates the impact of security dynamics and requirements across emerging business and technology trends and their implications for clients and their customers.
- Relationship Cultivation and Management: Drives and maintains executive-level relationships with external customers through proactive outreach, strategic meetings, and insightful, provocative, and productive discussions. Must be able to build and maintain strong and collaborative internal relationships with IDC peers, sales, consulting, and product marketing.
- Consulting: Initiates and develops unique security research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of the external customers. Consulting projects can come in the form of advanced market models, technical papers, webcasts, on-site strategy sessions, primary research, videos or presentations at events.
- Verbal & Written Communications: Provides expertise in the form of authoring various research documents and presentations at conferences and customers. Delivers annual reviews for direct reports, develops and presents directives for annual planning, and supports other planning initiatives and IDC events.
- Business Development and Planning: Utilizes technical knowledge and expertise to develop and implement unique solutions for clients that enhances customer service, drives revenue, and cultivates business growth. Works with a team of security experts to evolve IDC's product portfolio of security research offerings, coinciding with market trends and customer expectations.
- Personnel and P&L Management: Serves as the senior leader for security research, managing the performance of other team members, collaborating with other analysts and, overseeing successful completion of projects. Management of the P&L requires not only facilitating customer satisfaction but also working closely with IDC Sales to build and nurture new business to achieve overall profit expectations
- Extensive knowledge, curiosity, and enthusiasm on the security products and software industry, at least five years of expertise, serving in a consulting or advisory capacity to security clients.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 10-15 years relevant experience
- A successful history of managing and mentoring personnel of different levels and abilities as a unified team, setting strategic direction for research near- and long-term.
- A passion for pristine client engagement with proven business development, growth, and P&L management success.
- An ability to manage a diverse set of deliverables with various deadlines successfully across a team of researchers and against defined goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30-40%, domestically and abroad (Travel varies depending on coverage area and industry and client events)
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.