IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is seeking an energetic Program Director with a security professional services (consulting, design and planning) background to join its market research and advisory group covering this dynamic market. The Program Director will be responsible for leading IDC's Security Services market research service.
The Program Director, Security Services is responsible for researching, writing and advising clients about trends and solutions in key areas such as managed security services (including CPE based services, hosted and security as a service offerings), cloud security, IoT security, and data center security. This position requires having a solid understanding of current security service trends and strategies and the ability to provide insight and influence at the highest levels of an organization.Responsibilities
Responsibilities for program management of the Security Services practice includes oversight of all research activities (quantitative and qualitative research), consulting projects, data creation and quality control, client management, business development, pipeline of business and tracking of pipeline and closed business to the profit and loss (P&L) center for the program.
- Security Services Analysis: Serves as a subject matter expert on all segments of security services. Point of contact for client inquiries and internal/external sales and end-customer presentations.
- Thought-leadership: Provides leadership thinking to security vendors and service providers (managed security service providers [MSSPs], consultancies, systems integrators [SIs], delivering security services across the three pillars described above.
- Consulting: Develops and/or customizes security service research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of the external customers.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- 10+ years of directly applicable industry and/or analyst experience
- Strong verbal, quantitative and written communication skills including in-person and web-based presentation experience to medium and large audiences
- Track record of successful business development with vendors/service providers in IT Security industry
- Proven ability to manage a team, develop a business plan, develop and execute a research plan, and manage the day-to-day activities of running a research program
- Possess security industry certifications or have a strong desire to become certified
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of written deliverables; examples of professional presentations in Security
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.