211 East Riverside Drive
Austin, TX 78704Project Designer
Responsible for providing primary and ancillary support in the planning and designing of commercial interior design projects. Create functional and aesthetic designs that help boost productivity, increase sales, attract customers, or enhance a work space.
- With minimal guidance, determine scope of work, plan the use and layout of the space and decorating with color and furniture based on the needs of the client
- Select furniture and finishes, prepare drawings and presentation packages; estimate time to accomplish tasks
- Field verifies space dimensions, conditions and when applicable, existing furniture inventory
- Consult with general contractors, architects and other consultants, as needed
- Budgets time for projects and delegated work; sets and meets expectations on deliverables; tracks and documents time related to each project.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders intent, plans, status, issues, alternatives, solutions, and to resolve conflicts
- Collaborate with in-house sales, design and operations team and various A&D firms on furniture selections and layouts, while maintaining consistency with client furniture standards
- Review furniture layouts and specifications to ensure accuracy, consistency with standards and space functionality. Identify issues and resolve.
- Conduct site visits as necessary
- Attend product training classes offered and other courses appropriate to position
- Readily share knowledge with designers and other roles on an on-going basis
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.Required Experience
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience required
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from FIDER accredited school.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within commercial interior furniture planning.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge appropriate to position
- Willingness to share expertise with others
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and CET
- RID, IIDA license preferred
- Commercial interiors and furniture specification experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Writer, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to plan, organize and complete work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to find new and innovative ways to deliver on the customers' requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills with internal and external customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to multi-task and work with many interruptions