McGraw-Hill Education is committed to celebrating and supporting the differences that make us each unique and will not discriminate based on a person's gender, gender identity or expression, nationality, color, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, appearance or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.Req ID:
COlumbus, OH US
The School Education Group, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of print and digital educational materials for grades PreK-12, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Academic Designer (Editor) for Middle School Mathematics to work on a contractual basis. This position is part of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Learning Solution Center in Columbus, OH. #LI-MJKYour contribution to the team includes:
• Assist in the planning and development of highly interactive middle school (Grades 6-8) mathematics digital and print instructional materials and digital learning environments.
• Work in digital authoring tools and content management systems (CMS) on a daily basis to deliver high-quality digital educational products to teachers and students.
• Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style.
• Initiate, manage, and work with a variety of vendors or freelancers (as needed); initiate contracts and track spending to be on time and within budget.
• Track and follow approved workflows at all stages, and meet all intermediate and final schedules.
• Research and maintain knowledge of educational trends.
• Collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure that market requirements, project schedules, and product goals are met.What you'll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics
• Mathematical content knowledge and expertise through Algebra I required
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail
• Ability to write engaging mathematical content, including expository instruction, worked-out examples, and practice/assessment exercises
• Effective organizational and excellent time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and demands
• Excellent collaborative skills to share information and support shared project goals across all team members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• This position is located in Columbus, Ohio (it is not a remote position)