Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Manufacturing Operations# of Openings
17 hours agoShift/Schedule
SuMTWTh 10:00P-7:00A (United States of America)Overview Purpose statement:
The Production Scientist I synthesizes, purifies, formulates and ensures the quality of custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order and internal specifications. This generally includes, synthesis, cleavage, deprotection, purification, desalting, QC sampling, QC analysis and final packaging and formulation of the oligos and chemical reagents being made.ResponsibilitiesJob Specific Essential Functions:
- Synthesizes oligos on various synthesizer platforms
- Cleaves and deprotects oligos utilizing appropriate methods
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Performs the purification of oligos using various techniques
- Ensures that product meets final purity guarantees through the custom purification process
- Troubleshoots oligo failures and makes thoughtful sorting and purification decisions
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment accurately; including limited maintenance, decontamination and troubleshooting activities
- Utilizes computers and custom software in a Windows-based environment to complete tasks and create final product.
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Prepares, tests and monitors reagents for synthesis, purification, and quality control processes
- Prioritizes incoming orders to best meet guaranteed ship deadlines
- Follows documented custom instructions and aids, when applicable
- Analyzes data and information for quality, consistency, and accuracy
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to communicate with peers and interact professionally with all levels of management
- Exhibits strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently Constant (67%-100% of work day)
Frequently (34-66% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.