Institutional Shareholder ServicesJob ID
ISS is seeking to hire an analyst with strong accounting and finance knowledge to work on its core EVA (Economic Value Added) methodology research team.
EVA (Economic Value Added), combines P&L efficiency, asset management, and the cost of capital into a net profit score that directly discounts to value.
ISS uses EVA as a key measure of corporate performance, wealth creation, and management quality. ISS supports a suite of software tools and data products that enable corporate managers to use EVA in planning and acquisition pricing, and in reviewing performance and benchmarking with peers. A separate set of tools enables fund managers to use EVA in determining which stocks to buy and sell, and to analyze their portfolios. Responsibilities
The position of EVA Research Analyst will be an integral member of the global research team and work to support research efforts, client requests, and bespoke analysis across all things EVA. Responsibilities will include:
- Mastering the EVA framework and methodology through education and training and self-directed study.
- Maintain an overall expert level knowledge of the EVA Methodology and offering and drive awareness across the firm and client base
- Support ongoing research efforts (2-3 weekly pieces), client requests (bespoke), and though leadership driven by the EVA Lens.
- Client based projects to include, screens, scorecards, portfolio analytics, and the like
- Support team in attending client meetings, building deliverables, and presentations.
- Role will have direct client interaction (client facing) as needed
- Maintain an awareness of the goals and accomplishments of the firm and of issues within the development and innovation of EVA's application across the ISS family of products.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, demonstrating a working knowledge financial statement analysis and valuation modeling
- Entry level experience in accounting or financial statement analysis, equity research a plus
- Broad understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis, valuation theory and practice, and the cost of capital
- Comfortable coding formulas in Excel and working with financial data bases. Basic SQL abilities a strong plus
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and organized
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
ISS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.