Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/VJob ID
US-Remote Work Type
M-F 8AM-5PMHours Per Week
The Senior Auditing Consultant accurately examines and evaluates the medical record and health information for accuracy in coding for hospital inpatient, and/or hospital outpatient, and/or physician coding.Responsibilities
- Performs inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency room, other hospital outpatient visits, and/or evaluation/management coding reviews for technical and/or professional reporting.
- Has a working knowledge of reimbursement systems (MS-DRGs/ AP-DRGs/APR-DRGS/APCs/RBRVS).
- Performs educational services to clients based on audit results.
- Has the ability to analyze audit results identifying patterns, trends, and key problematic areas with the ability to communicate specific opportunities for coder improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes a laptop computer in a virtual office, windows-based environment.
- Utilizes various coding books, procedure manuals and on-line encoders as a resource.
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability, desire to learn, commitment to excellence and commitment to profession.
- May be asked to mentor other new consultants and perform peer reviews.
- Maintains strict patient and physician confidentiality and follows all federal, state and hospital guidelines for release of information.
- Maintains current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding principles, government regulation, protocols.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings and conference calls as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS/P or CPC.
- 3+ years experience including inpatient and/or outpatient and/or professional fee coding skills as well as ambulatory surgery, APC, emergency room, evaluation and management, auditing, report-writing expertise, required.
- Preferred coding skills: prospective payment methodologies, physician office billing.
- Must successfully pass a coding skills assessment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and/or CPT-4 codes.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office.
- Must display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong communication and writing skills.
About nThrive Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
- Bachelor's degree
- E/M and pro-fee coding experience
- Prior class-room teaching
- Prior remote teaching
- ICD-10-CM and PCS Coding
, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.