Berkeley Research GroupJob ID
2019-2172# of Openings
US-NY-New YorkPosted Date
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
The Consultant position is a mid-level consulting staff position.. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Consultant will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and responsibilities include: forensic schedule delay analysis on numerous construction-oriented client projects, i.e. analyzing baseline and schedule updates to identify the as-planned vs as-built critical path(s); identifying and attributing construction costs to root causes of cost overruns, conducting field inspections; assessing design errors or omissions and/or defective construction; management of junior staff; quality control of work; development and presentation of client deliverables; management and expansion of existing client relationships; and participating in efforts to expand the business.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.Responsibilities
- Plan and manage all aspects of small to medium sized client engagements and discrete segments of larger projects.
- Delegate assignments to staff, instruct and monitor progress, and review work product for completeness and accuracy.
- Assemble project data into spreadsheets and databases for analytical use.
- Assist senior staff with the development of time, schedule and cost analysis.
- Assist with preparation of expert reports including drafting, editing and proofreading.
- Prepare report exhibits and graphics to support analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for mediation, arbitration, trial and/or industry seminars and marketing events.
- Manage client relationships and communicate results and work product as appropriate.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions. Prioritize assignments and responsibilities in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Participate in group practice meetings, contribute to business development initiatives and office functions such as staff training and recruiting.
- Participate in a team environment and meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- Participate in group practice meetings and travel as needed.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship. BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- A degree (e.g. BS, BBA, MBA, M.A., M.S., etc.) with a focus in Accounting, Building Construction, Architecture, Engineering or other related subjects or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of prior work experience in Construction related areas such as: Scheduling, Accounting, Estimating, Procurement, Project Management, or increasingly complex experience and responsibilities in Architectural or Engineering firms.
- Professional Licensure is not required, but beneficial (Professional Architect, Engineer, or General Contractor).
- Proven capability with MS Office Software with a strong emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and/or other analytical software (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, MS
- Project, AutoCad, Microstation, NavisWorks, Primavera, SureTrack) is beneficial. A desire to expand those capabilities is required, as is the ability to train others to use such tools.
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other consultants.
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis and attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work within a team environment.