Teledyne Cable Solutions (TCS), located in Dallas, TX, is a vertically integrated manufacturer of cable and cable assemblies for demanding industries such as Subsea and Marine, Defense, Medical, Oil and Gas, and Industrial. With over 50 years of dedicated experience in providing solutions, TCS is considered a leader in its respective field. TCS utilizes a wide variety of components, materials and capabilities to formulate solutions in the harshest and most critical of environments, addressing issues from electrical to environmental performance, to flex-life and cosmetics. Our bulk cable and cable assembly capabilities provide application specific problem solving, working with your engineers to address individual projects or whole-system requirements. Rapid prototyping, fast turnaround, and quick ramp-up to production volume reduce time-to-market cycles.
Teledyne offers our Employees an excellent benefit package including:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance for employee, spouse and children
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending
Promotes the sale of Cable Solutions products by interacting with current and potential customers, presenting our products and capabilities, seeking new applications, following up on current and active quotes, and completing the sales transaction with the customer. All while enhancing the relationship with the current and new contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on customers: Identify, initiate and build relationships with important accounts to grow business base. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the evaluation and pursuit of key accounts sharing tactics and agreeing on sales strategy.
- Continually seek to uncover new applications with existing contacts.
- Continually seek to identify new contacts within the same company.
- To the best of abilities, provide technical product support
- Using customer contact experience, assist in new applications proposal generation and provide contract review input
- Look for and communicate possible product development opportunities that may be uncovered while contacting customers.
- Implements and monitors the development of new business by utilizing and training on lead generation techniques, sales follow-up, call log sheets, sample tracking, etc. and compiling the data into periodic reports.Continual follow up activities related to development, growth and maintenance of prospective customers and developed customers. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Continual telemarketing activities
- Fulfillment items – samples, literature, information or data
- Relationship building
- Development of products/projects with customer engineering staff
- Communicate with customers concerning products and ordersCustomer administration duties
- Receive and process RFQ’s as required.
- Order entry and maintenance of targeted accounts during maturation of account. Including completion of various documents and organization of such
- Identify and recommend product development opportunities to prospective customers
- Perform quotation follow-up activities.
- Develop and provide specification sheets to prospective customers as needed.
- Preparation and distribution of reports
- Work with and support outside sales personnel and efforts pertaining to the development of prospective and developed customers.
- Manage orders and projects with internal TDY departments (quotation, finance, import/export, engineering, HSE, etc.)
Identify and report significant trends especially where you are supporting multiple accounts within the same market segment
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Visio).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to hand multiple tasks in a high growth and fast-paced environment.
- Experiencing and understanding ERP Systems
- Must know basic mathematics
- CORE: Quality/HSE Systems Overview, Export, Hazardous Communications, Departmental Orientation
- CORE: Corporate Shared Values
- CORE: ERP System Overview
Physical/Mental Demands The physical/mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, push/pull, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, hear, talk, lift up to 25lbs, comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision making, communication, mathematics
Work environment is an office setting