Software Engineering . Portland, Oregon
Sr QA Engineer - Product Engineering
Who you are...
You see the value in Quality Assurance. You enjoy digging into bugs and finding out why something is failing. You're highly organized and can be successful even when given limited documentation.
You are a QA Engineer that enjoys working on multi-tier architecture products. You have a background in both Manual and Automated testing, but primarily you've focused on the automation end. You are multi-faceted and enjoy addressing all areas of quality, including performance, and could create a performance test plan for various types of testing and troubleshoot complex technical problems. You have either worked in a CI/CD environment or maybe even helped convert a development team over to CI/CD.
You see the big picture when looking at an application. You understand how the different components affect one another. If given a tight timeline, you're able to prioritize your own time to make the largest impact.
- Experience testing REST API's
- Background in Automated testing.
- Experience with database validation
- Understanding of both relational databases and NoSql databases
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like CloudWatch, NewRelic, X-Ray
- Knowledge of performance test tools, methods and test harness
Traits for Success...
- Passionate about the work, and quality of the results you produce.
- Looks forward to collaborating with co-workers on finding the best solution to a problem.
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience...
- 3-5 years of experience in testing with at least 1-2 years in automated testing
- Experience reviewing requirements for testability and clarity
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience and/or education in lieu of a degree
- Experience with AWS is a big plus