Salt Lake City, UTCategory:
The main responsibility of the Equipment Operator position is to safely and effectively operate and maintain forage and farm equipment, safely, effectively, and in a timely manner, during applicable seasons. The Equipment Operator conducts all duties as assigned by the Custom Crew Leader and may carry out other farming or general labor tasks as necessary or assigned. This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be required by his/her supervisor.Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
Key Success Factors for Position
- Operates forage and farm equipment (as necessary and assigned) effectively and safely, using up-to-date technology.
- Proactively performs preventative maintenance on equipment. Communicates challenges or concerns to Custom Crew Manager in a timely manner.
- Diagnoses and communicates any problems or concerns with equipment to management.
- Performs manual labor in various areas as necessary or as assigned.
- Performs occasional assignments in other departments, as assigned or as necessary.
Business ImpactHandles equipment valued in excess of $5M.Requirements
- Takes direction from and immediately responds to business requests from General Manager of Ag Operations, Custom Crew Leader, or any other member of Standlee Forage management.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally, and at times, written) with co-workers and members of management.
- Supports changes without qualification and willingly performs duties as assigned.
- Communicates, proactively and assertively, any concerns or suggestions for change with Custom Crew Leader.
- Shares responsibility for completing tasks. Promotes teamwork.
- Produces high quality work. Helps co-workers to promote quality work in order to achieve farm goals.
- Communicates with co-workers and managers in a direct and respectful manner.
- Engages in constructive problem solving with others.
- Establishes trust and credibility with others.
General Farm Laborers should possess the following experiences and education:
- Experience in farming and Ag related work a plus.
- Experience operating farm equipment safely a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English.
Varies greatly depending on season: Work includes: field time, equipment operation, frequent lifting of product or equipment around 125#, office work, driving. Work hours vary significantly depending on season but may run 7 days/week and 24 hours/day during peak operation. Work includes being outside in any type of weather and may include circumstances of extreme weather.Travel Requirements
Some travel to local Standlee locations (by vehicle) for extended overnight stay.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Standlee Premium Western Forage will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Standlee Premium Western Forage is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.