IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Worldwide Custom Solutions designs, develops and delivers content marketing and market intelligence programs for ITC industry participants (vendors, providers, partners). We are currently seeking a Group Vice President, Worldwide Custom Solutions to lead the consulting domains responsible for custom engagements with IT vendors, service providers and other ecosystem participants.
The Consulting Group VP (GVP) is a key member of IDC's Worldwide Custom Solutions senior leadership. The role requires a focus on operational performance (month to month financial performance in FY19) as well as the creativity and vision to help create broader improvements to help WW CS thrive longer-term into the 2020s. Responsibilities
The Group VP, Consulting, will lead the domain organization responsible for proposing, managing and delivering $45M of custom project revenue spanning Custom Analytics and Content Marketing Services (TL, BV). He or she will be a catalyst for positive change; look at what we do, how we do it, and why we do it. The GVP will recommend and implement positive changes and engage the organization to make it happen.
• Develop and retain key talent among the team of domain VPs, CDs and CMs.
• Advise SVP of WW Custom Solutions on strategy and day-to-day operational improvements
• Chair the domain leadership meetings with Domain VPs and the domain team meetings with the full domain team (~ 15 FTEs)
• Provide guidance to research and custom sales organization on custom strategies and priorities
• Serve as initial point of escalation for day-to-day issues on proposals and projects, including external use guidelines.
• Participate with SVP, GVP of telecom domain and PMO leadership in the revenue management process, including Revenue Management Meetings, monthly commitment process to assure our ability to deliver predictable performance.
• Improve forecasting process to assure the WW CS meets quarterly goals for revenue and CCM. Work with domain VPs, CDs and CMs, as well as WW CS VP of Operations on CSMS enhancements
• Participate in relevant committee meetings
• Play a leadership role on new initiatives (OT, IoT, Edge, CX, etc.)
• Analyze and optimize how the domains are organized for maximum effectiveness, efficiency and throughput. Develop new mechanisms for workload balancing.Qualifications
• 7 or more years of professional research or consulting experience with a focus on business development and project management.
• Comparable experience with an industry analyst, research firm, marketing agency or vendor/provider is preferred
• Subject matter expertise and a working knowledge of the IT market topics is advantageous:
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and market modeling is preferred. At a minimum, the individual will need to show a capacity to learn these skillsets.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred (MBA, etc.)
• Clear communicator (Written and Oral)
• Travel generally less than 25%.
• Position is based at IDC's corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA.
• This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Worldwide Custom Solutions
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.