Reporting to the President of Industrial Sales, the National Account Manager is responsible for managing all sales related activities and customer relationships nationally. The position will be expected to coordinate and direct regional managers, as well as communicate with the customer service and inside sales team. The National Account Manager is responsible for producing action plans for increasing brand awareness and for developing new business within existing and new markets.
We are seeking a results driven individual to join our team and oversee all sales activities with the assigned national accounts for our Industrial Division. It is critical that this individual work closely with product management and marketing. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual who is able to work independently, work with multiple accounts and excel in a results oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed defined sales growth requirement and specific targeted sales category expectations on an ongoing basis
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts, communicating market developments/trends that may assist in strategy development
- Target large national accounts not doing business with Radians, pursuing any targeted/potential prospects
- Develop and execute strategic business plans for major accounts
- Prepare monthly sales reports showing sales activities, sales volume, and strategic plans outlining expanded areas of opportunity
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with customers, managing and resolving any conflict and providing customers with the most up to date information on a timely basis
- Maintain up to date customer records and detailed competitor information within your assigned accounts in the P21 computer system
- Report critical customer and competitive information discovered in the field back to Product Marketing
- Other duties may be assigned
- Travel 65 75%; Trade Show Management and attendance as required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree required AND 7+ years of experience in Sales or National Account Management; experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Strong computer proficiency- Must be PC literate (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to manage prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain Heavy Travel requirements within territory (65 75%); also, travel as needed for trade shows and customer events
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
- Prior Safety Products Sales experience
- Prior Project Management experience