Responsible for business and systems analysis and development of Business Intelligence solutions. Performs technical and analytical duties relative to business process analysis, design, documentation, organizational change, systems evaluation, procurement, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Develops, implements and maintains enterprise-wide, graphics-based solutions that deliver business information and enables self-service to end users. Exercise independent choice and judgment and perform work requiring invention, imagination and creativity to predict future needs and opportunities, and develop robust technology solutions to meet them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with all levels of the organization to turn requirements into valuable insights to both internal and external clients
- Become a subject matter expert on new BI reporting systems and methodologies, as well as provide recommendations on making improvements.
- Analyze business processes by interviewing users, interrogating systems and datasets, generating process improvement ideas, and gaining organizational alignment and support for change.
- Document findings and requirements, estimate project effort and timelines.
- Utilize strong SQL development experience to build effective and scalable Business Intelligence solutions including metadata modeling, building data marts, designing reports and dashboards, performance tuning and application security.
- Create new databases and integrations
- Help enable self-service reporting platform. Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference materials and excellent support.
- Administer & maintain reporting servers, manage software testing, upgrades and maintenance
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Provide on-call support during and after hours to meet business demands
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including pursuing certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of budgets and expenses, support tickets, asset and license inventories, user account records, system changes, and other data as required.
- Manage project resources, budgets and timelines.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coaching and mentoring junior level staff with potential for supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 5+ years experience as a business analyst
- 5+ years experience as a SQL developer.
- 5+ years experience developing with BIRST, PowerBI, Tableau, Business Objects or similar tool.
- 5+ years in a lead role designing BI solutions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Experience developing database standards such as, object definition and naming, best practices, etc.
- Database Administration. Experience with native database utilities for: backup, restore, reorg, export, import, performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of data warehouse design
- Project management
- Experience with manufacturing, distribution and sales datasets
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management habits
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple/changing projects at a time in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Learn new systems quickly and personally drive continuous improvement in the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderate.