The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for scheduling distribution, managing orders due daily to meet the production schedule and required order ship date, sequencing job operations to ensure production requirements and efficiency. The supervisor will be required to schedule labor personnel for the distribution operation and compare the distribution results to standard and plan labor to meet the production requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain on time and accurate distribution of all orders
- Utilize company software to create and schedule orders in accordance with delivery due dates
- Perform time study audits on functional activities and update goals accordingly
- Maintain good housekeeping and organization in the production area
- Manage productivity of all reporting employees
- Verify all ISO processes and work instructions are current and being followed
- Manage timekeeping system for direct reports
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly metric data to senior management as directed
- Promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, setting expectations and providing on-going feedback on associate performance with formal evaluation provided regularly.
- Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus
- Regularly communicates customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving
- Coordinates and leverages resources with other managers, such as maintenance, materials, scheduling, logistics and engineering, to resolve manufacturing problems and/or improve processes
- Takes ownership of employee training and development by ensuring that appropriate and required training is completed for direct reports
- Constructively interacts with internal customers
- Drives the companys vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout their area of responsibility
- Other duties may be assigned
Yes; leads and directs the activities of full-time and temporary staff to ensure achievement of goal-established productivity and efficiencies are met.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum High School Diploma required
- 4+ years of distribution supervisory experience; preferably in an production environment, with ability to work in a team environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office and general ERP systems and have strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A physical requirement to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to run required metrics, including:
- Open orders due report
- Housekeeping Audits
- ISO Audits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- General problem solving/analysis capabilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.